Digital Cinema Media has run a new cinemagoer insight survey with Old Salt, a research and insights agency, to find out what cinemagoers continue to value about the experience, perceptions of the content and their cinemagoing intentions for the year ahead.
The DCM team has pulled together a range of presentations, research, nickable charts, sizzles and pdfs to help you navigate all the latest insight, film knowledge, cinema updates and audience data at our disposal. Please contact us at email@example.com or speak to your DCM rep if there’s anything else you’d like us to share!
'Centre of Attention' is the fifth edition of Digital Cinema Media’s industry-leading Building Box Office Brands series. Created in partnership with industry experts, Lumen, the study provides concrete evidence of the level of attention given to ads in cinemas.
Comparisons to other media (from Lumen’s databank) affirm cinema as a clear ‘attention leader’ in the advertising marketplace.
The ‘Cinema through a Recession’ contains information on:
- Why cinema remains a valued and affordable form of social escapism
- How cinema successfully navigated the 2008-09 recession
- The strength of the film slate across 2023
A look ahead to the pipeline of films that will only be available on the big screen in 2023.
The ‘Cinema Advertising 101’ presentation contains information on:
- The UK cinema marketplace
- Why cinema provides the ultimate AV experience for brands
- How to buy cinema advertising
The Mission 16-34 research is the fourth edition in DCM's industry leading Building Box Office Brands series. The Mission 16-34 presentations contain information on:
- Research focusing on the key 16-34 demographic and their AV consumption
- Highlights cinema’s strength at launching campaigns, landing messages and having a positive brand impact
- Insight is also available for other demographics including 16-24s, ABC1 and AB adults and 16-34s by gender
The ‘Building Box Office Brands’ publications give you the full story:
- Vol I: Cinema’s unique role in the media mix
- Vol II: Proving cinema’s value to brand-building and ROI
- Vol III: Proving cinema’s unique value as part of an AV schedule
- Fast Facts showcases key highlights from across all 3 publications
The ‘Building Box Office Brands’ presentations highlight the key elements from the series:
- Receptivity: How cinema audiences are receptive to advertising
- Impact: The significant impact cinema delivers on key brand metrics
- Memorability: Cinema adstocks vs. other media, by sector
- Return On Investment: Cinema ROI vs. other media, by sector
The ‘Our Cinema’s presentation contains information on:
- UK cinema industry by numbers
- DCM cinema portfolio by exhibitor
- Updates on new sites and screens coming to DCM
The ‘DCM Independent Cinemas’ presentation contains information on:
- DCM’s independent cinema portfolio
- Independent cinemagoer audience snapshot
- Independent cinema campaign case studies
The ‘Cinemapper’ presentation contains information on:
- What is DCM’s proximity planning tool Cinemapper?
- How does Cinemapper work?
- Case studies from brands who have planned using Cinemapper