Our people work together to form a passionate team defined by their talent and ambition, while our values form the code we live by.
They make up a set of attributes and behaviours that we can develop, share and celebrate, as a group of diverse and inspiring people.
We look for individuals who relish the challenge of working in a dynamic industry and thrive in a busy, sociable environment. A passion for achieving individual objectives and commitment to company success are prerequisites for working at DCM, so if you’re a bright, fun individual who wants to succeed and be rewarded for that success, you’ll fit in here.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we treat all job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or any disability. We pledge to treat individuals fairly and equally, and all decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion and career management will be based solely on objectives and job-related criteria.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant / HR AdministratorYou are:The B.E.S.T - Brave, Expert, Spirited and Thoughtful - the behaviours that DCM lives by.You have:A passion for Cinema and Film.You will be:A solid, calm and super organised EA with a great sense of humour.We want:For you to create highly productive relationships both externally and with internal departments.We will:Provide you with excellent support from a knowledgeable and successful team.We deliver:Competitive salaries, market leading bonus structures, a fully stocked bar and unlimited cinema trips!Job Purpose:Responsible for organising and supporting the CEO, Finance & Operations Director and Trading Director (part time). Additional activities include providing business support to the Admin & Facilities team, as well as providing assistance to HR.Main Responsibilities:- Constant complex and changeable diary management to the CEO, Finance Director and Trading Director.
- Arrange all meetings and conference calls for the CEO, Finance Director and Trading Director; offsite and onsite, including calls which may cross over time zones and arranging catering.
- Support the CEO, Finance Director and Trading Director in preparing for meetings including helping with presentations, reports, research and collation of relevant information.
- Line managing the Office Assistant
- Answer and field calls for the CEO, Finance Director and Trading Director.
- Organise all travel arrangements for the CEO, Finance Director and Trading Director and create detailed itineraries for each trip.
- Deal with all expenses for the CEO, Finance Director and Trading Director and manage sign off.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority when necessary.
- Read, monitor and respond to emails for the CEO as appropriate.
- Arrange all internal meetings for the Executive team.
- Liaise at board level with shareholders and their PAs – organising board meetings, writing emails, distributing board materials and arranging meetings.
- Arrange off site days as required: sourcing venues, arranging catering, distributing of any materials.
- Office Management support – working with the Office Assistants to make sure the office is kept looking presentable at all times.
- Acting as switchboard operator for the company’s main telephone number (when Office Assistant is away from her desk), answering all calls professionally, and ensuring they are passed to the correct person promptly and efficiently.
Meet and greet all visitors and ensure all staff comply with this procedure for visitors if the Office Assistant is unavailable.
- Work with the Office Assistant to manage the primary function of the screening room
- Arrange taxis / couriers.
- Work with the office assistant to ensure all Health and Safety, Fire regulations and evacuations are in place and legally compliant and all H&S documentation is displayed in communal areas.
- Supervision of the DCM car parking space.
- HR administration including referencing, filing, letters and scheduling new joiner inductions and interviews, Cascade maintenance and general HR support.
- Ad hoc support to other teams as required.
- Ordering catering for screening room events and internal events as required.
- Overseeing and reforecasting of the facilities budget annually and quarterly.
- Management of Cinema Vouchers for CEO/FD/Trading Director.
- Minute taking in board meetings and other meetings as required.
- Managing some of the office supplier contracts.
- Support the Office Assistant in managing the DCM Nudge box, monitoring responses and ensuring all comments and any feedback is delivered to the wider company.The Person:- Good judgement and decision-making
- Previous experience of working as a PA or in similar role
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, good telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion and experience of liaising with senior stakeholders and staff
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Highly personable and enjoy working in a team
- Patient and light-hearted approach with a good sense of humourKey Competencies:- High level of organisational ability and planning, strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent word processing and effective minute taking
- Previous experience of working as a Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant or in similar role requiring a high level of organisation and one on one support.
Benefits at DCM.
We have an enviable range of employment policies, and are committed to recognising and rewarding success. Our standard benefits combined with a few cheeky perks include:
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for your birthday
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme for all staff
- Life assurance scheme
- ODEON cinema passes
- A birthday voucher
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Denplan dental scheme
- Subsidised study scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- NABS Partner card
We’re a conscious and conscientious company, so we’re always striving to do our bit (and then a bit more) for the environment. We also work closely with various charities, whether through fundraising, donating advertising space or donating money via Give As You Earn (GAYE).
At DCM we’re committed to helping people break into the advertising industry and we’re keen to hear new voices and gain fresh perspectives on what we do.
With this in mind, we’ve launched an intern scheme offering recent graduates and current university attendees the chance to shadow teams across our business to gain a deeper understanding of the industry and DCM.
What can you expect?
You’ll spend two weeks in various teams across DCM, gaining an insight into how departments like Sales, Marketing, Production and Research support the business. You’ll also get a chance to learn about our exhibitors – Vue, Odeon, Cineworld and Independent sites - to gain an insight into how we work with the cinemas we represent.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates keen to learn about the industry from the inside. You will need to be a strong communicator, keen to learn and ask questions and ideally with a passion for cinema and advertising.
Our recent intern, Andrew Unsworth, said: “All of the tasks we were assigned were challenging, yet enjoyable and I am happy to say that the time I spent with the business has assured me that I do want to continue working towards a career in the advertising industry…the hospitality, helpfulness and enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace was a genuinely welcome surprise.”
Please note that this is an unpaid internship which covers only travel and lunch each day.
If you’re interested in applying then please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.