Our people work together to form a passionate team defined by their talent and ambition, while our values form the code we live by.
They make up a set of attributes and behaviours that we can develop, share and celebrate, as a group of diverse and inspiring people.
We look for individuals who relish the challenge of working in a dynamic industry and thrive in a busy, sociable environment. A passion for achieving individual objectives and commitment to company success are prerequisites for working at DCM, so if you’re a bright, fun individual who wants to succeed and be rewarded for that success, you’ll fit in here.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we treat all job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or any disability. We pledge to treat individuals fairly and equally, and all decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion and career management will be based solely on objectives and job-related criteria.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campaign and Scheduling ExecutiveYou are:Brave, Expert, Spirited and Thoughtful - The behaviours that DCM lives by.You have:Understanding and experience in the media market and sales operations. A desire to deliver exceptional service and results for advertisers and agencies. A passion for Cinema and Film. You should understand DCM's place in the AV market and who and how our competitors trade. Your experience will enable you to optimise our scheduling process to maximise revenue, this would involve working closely with our Sales team.You will be:The first point of contact within the department ensuring that campaigns are delivered to deadlines in a professional manner whilst ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the department. You will support the Campaign Manager in managing and optimising the scheduling process, acting as the champion of best practice and customer service. You will deputise for the Campaign Manager in their absence.We want:You to consistently look for new and innovative ways to increase DCM’s revenue including managing late bookings. You would be responsible for the optimum running of the scheduler ensuring that campaigns are met, premium positions are maximised and reel lengths are full. You will work closely with sales to deliver smart campaigns that meet both DCM’s and the advertiser’s business needs. You will continually review the effectiveness of our service and make recommendations of improvements.We will:Provide you with excellent support from your Scheduling Manager and have a clear development plan from day one of joining.We deliver:Competitive salaries, market leading bonus structures, a wide range of company benefits, a fully stocked bar and unlimited cinema trips!Main responsibilities:This role is responsible for the booking, management, monitoring, delivery and distribution of all DCM screen based activity across our network of UK Cinemas. Liaising with the sales team, finance and exhibition, to satisfy client requirements, and exhibitor partners to monitor and validate film showing and admissions delivery. You will be closely aligned with the Production team to get campaigns effectively to air.
The role has two parts; Scheduling and Campaign Management.Main responsibilities:Scheduling
You will ensure that campaigns scheduled are booked within sales policy and in line with contract agreements with both exhibitors and clients monitising every minute for the benefit of exhibitors and advertisers.
Prior to scheduling you will check that all data is correct including films, admissions, burn rates, Movie line ups, playlist, advertiser and copy information.
After each schedule run you will review its effectiveness of schedule run by analysing revenue snapshots and reel lengths and ensuring premium positions are correctly booked whilst availability is minimised.
It is your responsibility to determine that only appropriate films are scheduled according to the correct buying route/copy in line with BBFC and CAA certification.
Finally, you will effectively distribute all playlists to the correct exhibitors.Main responsibilities:Campaign Management
This role will manage advertising campaigns across DCM’s estate inventory of 460 + sites, maximising revenue by ensuring all airtime is optimized and all agency deal arrangements are delivered, whilst honouring each exhibitor’s revenue requirements. This role is responsible for the effective scheduling of all campaigns, insight on delivery issues and providing an effective consultancy to sales on the delivery of their campaigns. This will require collaborative working with sales to produce the most effective use of our airtime. You will be responsible for the monitoring and delivering of all on screen activity, including highlighting undeliverable bookings and advising Sales on campaign possibilities and best execution.
You will be responsible for the effective communication to sales of their campaign performances as well as opportunities and pinch points. This will involve maintaining sales’ knowledge with updated FAQ’s and hosting internal “surgeries”Other duties:Your role will include:
- Monitoring, and resolving late sales bookings and queries
- Advising on the optimum method to create campaigns in line with sales requirements and DCM’s policies
- Dealing with Exhibitor and DCM support queries
- Keep up to date with all exhibitor estate data - minutes; estate info (/IMAX/4K etc)
- Ensure exhibitors have correct data required to transmit effectively
- Reconcile all exhibitor admissions
- Closing the month in a timely manner by discarding undelivered playlists and forecasted admissions and amending campaign statuses to determine recognised and unrecognised revenue.
- Deputise for the manager in attending CAA meetings and assist in clearing copy
- Ensuring that our advertising complies with CAA guidelines
To be effective in your role you will have knowledge of:
- Sales forecasts and bookings
- Debt and Credits by advertiser
- Admissions by film and most suitable buying routes
- Sales Policy
- Premium Positions sold and availabilityTo develop:We would like you to:
- Look at ways of streamlining and simplifying the campaign management process for the benefit of all out internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Refine the booking processes and produce timetables for booking after reviewing Caria/Aston.
- Identifying Sales opportunities & pinch points.
- Easily identify films make us the most money.
- Clarify what buying routes we want to attract to match our supply.The person:- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to develop good relationships with all parties
- Effective time management and reporting
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Out-going, confident personality, who is capable of presenting.
- Motivated, self-starter able to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task in a fast-paced data environment.
- Commitment to continual learning and development, keeping informed of latest industry advancesEducation & qualifications- 2-4 years experience in media Sales ideally in Operations
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- You will have an analytical mind, strong problem solving and mathematical skills (Maths Degree would be ideal)
Head of FinanceDepartment:FinanceResponsible to:COOJob purpose:Manage and own all aspects of the Finance functionYou are:Brave, Expert, Spirited and Thoughtful - The behaviours that DCM lives by.You have:Experience of the media market and managing finance teams. A desire to deliver exceptional service to the DCM team and its Customers, and to continuously review best practice. Your experience will enable you to improve day to day process, controls and financial reporting and the team.You will be:The leader of the finance function, first point of contact for auditors and our banks ensuring the timely closing of periods, accurate financial reporting and managing working capital. You will work closely with the COO, budget holders and business directors to improve all finance interactions across the business. You will deputise for the Chief Operating Officer in their absenceWe want:You to be an experienced and effective manager, who understands the importance of a good team to deliver results. We want high standards of accuracy, and a general improvement in all things finance.We will:Provide you with a challenging and inspiring role where you can make a visible difference, supported by a knowledgeable team and Senior Management team.We deliver:Competitive salaries, market leading bonus structures, a wide range of company benefits, a fully stocked bar and unlimited cinema trips, a collaborative and fun company culture that was recently recognised for Outstanding Employee Engagement by Best Companies.Main responsibilities::• Managing a team of 4, dealing with all aspects of finance.
• Timely closure of financial month ends.
• Review of the Monthly Finance Pack and Sign Off All reconciliations.
• Production of monthly finance report to the business
• Provide financial information for monthly Board Reports and Flash Reporting to Shareholders.
• Lead the Annual Budgeting and Quarterly Forecasting process, including the creation of all
• Provide a high-quality customer orientated service to the DCM team
• Implementation and monitoring of financial controls and policies
• Build relationships with internal department heads and Shareholder finance teams.
• Build relationships with Exhibitor Shareholder Finance teams
• Lead the DCM Audit and create Statutory accounts
• First point of contact for 3rd Party relationships (including Bank / Auditors)
• Deputise in the absence of the Chief Operating Officer
• Responsible for maintaining and updating Risk Register
• Working Capital Management including Cash flow forecastingKey competencies:• Experience in communicating with a full range of stakeholders including shareholders
• Experience in managing a team to deliver effective results
• Track record of delivering change and improving processes and reporting
• Experience of Microsoft Navision
• Excellent Excel skillsThe person:• Highly driven and motivated individual
• A confident leader
• The ability to communicate at all levels
• Collaborative style of workingEducation & qualificationsQualified accountant with at least 4 years’ post qualified experience
Benefits at DCM.
We have an enviable range of employment policies, and are committed to recognising and rewarding success. Our standard benefits combined with a few cheeky perks include:
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for your birthday
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme for all staff
- Life assurance scheme
- ODEON cinema passes
- A birthday voucher
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Denplan dental scheme
- Subsidised study scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- NABS Partner card
We’re a conscious and conscientious company, so we’re always striving to do our bit (and then a bit more) for the environment. We also work closely with various charities, whether through fundraising, donating advertising space or donating money via Give As You Earn (GAYE).
At DCM we’re committed to helping people break into the advertising industry and we’re keen to hear new voices and gain fresh perspectives on what we do.
With this in mind, we’ve launched an intern scheme offering recent graduates and current university attendees the chance to shadow teams across our business to gain a deeper understanding of the industry and DCM.
What can you expect?
You’ll spend two weeks in various teams across DCM, gaining an insight into how departments like Sales, Marketing, Production and Research support the business. You’ll also get a chance to learn about our exhibitors – Vue, Odeon, Cineworld and Independent sites - to gain an insight into how we work with the cinemas we represent.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates keen to learn about the industry from the inside. You will need to be a strong communicator, keen to learn and ask questions and ideally with a passion for cinema and advertising.
Our recent intern, Andrew Unsworth, said: “All of the tasks we were assigned were challenging, yet enjoyable and I am happy to say that the time I spent with the business has assured me that I do want to continue working towards a career in the advertising industry…the hospitality, helpfulness and enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace was a genuinely welcome surprise.”
Please note that this is an unpaid internship which covers only travel and lunch each day.
If you’re interested in applying then please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.