Our people work together to form a passionate team defined by their talent and ambition, while our values form the code we live by.
They make up a set of attributes and behaviours that we can develop, share and celebrate, as a group of diverse and inspiring people.
We look for individuals who relish the challenge of working in a dynamic industry and thrive in a busy, sociable environment. A passion for achieving individual objectives and commitment to company success are prerequisites for working at DCM, so if you’re a bright, fun individual who wants to succeed and be rewarded for that success, you’ll fit in here.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we treat all job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or any disability. We pledge to treat individuals fairly and equally, and all decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion and career management will be based solely on objectives and job-related criteria.
We strive to create an inclusive and fair culture where everybody feels able to be themselves and empowered to achieve their best.
Email us at email@example.com.
Business DirectorDepartment:SalesLocation:LondonResponsible to:Sales DirectorJob Purpose:Driving revenue within an agency group through the development and implementation of new cinematic business opportunities for DCM and developing and motivating a sales team. This includes growing DCM’s multi-platform commercial proposition to sell to Agencies and Advertisers.You are:Brave, Expert, Spirited and Thoughtful – the values that DCM lives by.You have:Extensive experience of the media market and sales operations. A desire to deliver exceptional service and results for advertisers and agencies. Be a strategic thinker with the capacity to influence and implement new sales policies. A passion for Cinema and the value it delivers for brands.You will be:Driving relationships and revenue across your agency patch.We want:You to be a highly driven and motivated individual with a collaborative style of working and an outstanding market reputation. Be confident developing relationships with and communicating to senior agency investment and planning contacts. Have established and highly productive relationships within the media agencies. Identify and drive new business opportunities.We will:Provide you with excellent support from a knowledgeable Sales Director, an experienced Trading Director, an industry renowned CEO and an enthusiastic team.We deliver:Competitive salaries, market leading bonus structures, flexible support and training, unlimited cinema trips and a collaborative and fun company culture that was recently recognised for Outstanding Employee Engagement by Best Companies.Responsibilities:- Deliver revenue targets within all DCM revenue streams, seeking out and developing new opportunities.
- Develop sponsorships packages and respond to agency briefs to deliver revenue according to targets.
- Manage the delivery of each deal (including specific KPI’s).
- Manage and develop new media platforms including mobile, online, foyer and preshow.
- Develop business plans for your groups, utilising relevant departments to identify clear objectives and timeframes.
- Apply a client contact strategy for your group.
- Grow and nurture your team members to meet their goals and objectives working closely with HR to train and recruit first class talent.
- Be the principle DCM point of contact for Heads of Investment, Planning, Strategy and Sponsorship across all of your agencies.
- Ensure all DCM communications are conveyed.
- Drive internal relationships and business efficiencies, specifically with Marketing, Insight and Operations.
- Ensure business group is run accurately to all DCM’s working practices including forecasts, reconciliations, production, Cognos etc.Key competencies:- Experience in the media market and sales operations at a senior level.
- Experience developing creative, multi-platform sales and branded content.
- Proven track record in commercial film partnerships.
- Expertise in the digital media market.
- Proven Cinema /Exhibition experience – knowledge of revenue model, film bookings, theatre management systems, concessions and marketing.
- Ability to motivate and mentor team members, driving performance through setting an example to others.
- A thorough understanding of the technological developments taking place across the media landscape, specifically cinema and experiential.
- A record of delivering long term, content rich, sponsorship and creative solution packages.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to demonstrate outstanding analytical and numerical skills.
- First rate communication skills, both written and verbal.
-Ability to work under pressure.The person:- Highly driven and motivated individual.
- Able to influence people at all levels with an open, forward-thinking and persuasive style.
- A strategic thinker who understands how to create value for agencies and their clients.
- Approachable and able to build trust with their team members.
- Passionate about new technology and how to embrace it to drive incremental revenue to DCM.
- Collaborative style of working and comfortable working in a matrix operation.
- Possess a well-developed sense of humour and be resilient.
- Media Independent agencies contacts an advantage.Salary:Dependant on experience.
Benefits at DCM.
We have an enviable range of employment policies, and are committed to recognising and rewarding success. Our standard benefits combined with a few cheeky perks include:
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for your birthday
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme for all staff
- Life assurance scheme
- ODEON cinema passes
- A birthday voucher
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Denplan dental scheme
- Subsidised study scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- NABS Partner card
We’re a conscious and conscientious company, so we’re always striving to do our bit (and then a bit more) for the environment. We also work closely with various charities, whether through fundraising, donating advertising space or donating money via Give As You Earn (GAYE).
At DCM we’re committed to helping people break into the advertising industry and we’re keen to hear new voices and gain fresh perspectives on what we do.
With this in mind, we’ve launched an intern scheme offering recent graduates and current university attendees the chance to shadow teams across our business to gain a deeper understanding of the industry and DCM.
What can you expect?
You’ll spend two weeks in various teams across DCM, gaining an insight into how departments like Sales, Marketing, Production and Research support the business. You’ll also get a chance to learn about our exhibitors – Vue, Odeon, Cineworld and Independent sites - to gain an insight into how we work with the cinemas we represent.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates keen to learn about the industry from the inside. You will need to be a strong communicator, keen to learn and ask questions and ideally with a passion for cinema and advertising.
Our recent intern, Andrew Unsworth, said: “All of the tasks we were assigned were challenging, yet enjoyable and I am happy to say that the time I spent with the business has assured me that I do want to continue working towards a career in the advertising industry…the hospitality, helpfulness and enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace was a genuinely welcome surprise.”
Please note that this is an unpaid internship which covers only travel and lunch each day.
If you’re interested in applying then please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.