Our people work together to form a passionate team defined by their talent and ambition, while our values form the code we live by.
They make up a set of attributes and behaviours that we can develop, share and celebrate, as a group of diverse and inspiring people.
We look for individuals who relish the challenge of working in a dynamic industry and thrive in a busy, sociable environment. A passion for achieving individual objectives and commitment to company success are prerequisites for working at DCM, so if you’re a bright, fun individual who wants to succeed and be rewarded for that success, you’ll fit in here.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we treat all job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or any disability. We pledge to treat individuals fairly and equally, and all decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion and career management will be based solely on objectives and job-related criteria.
Email us at email@example.com.
Events ExecutiveYou are:Brave, Expert, Spirited and Thoughtful – the values that DCM lives by.You have:At least two years’ experience in the creation and delivery of industry-standard events. An understanding and experience and a passion for excellence in the marketing and events marketplace. Excellent organisational and personable skills, with the ability to manage varied internal and external relationships, create business class experiences and protect and grow the DCM brand.You will be:Championing the power of cinema media and raising the profile of DCM within the media industry and beyond.We want:Your reputation to be outstanding, for you to be an all-round player in the marketing team, and for you to create highly productive relationships internally and externally that result in a business class events, experiences and marketing projects.We will:Provide you with a challenging and inspiring role where you can make a difference to the perception and reputation of a medium.We deliver:Competitive salaries, market leading bonus structures, flexible support and training, a fully stocked bar, unlimited cinema trips and a collaborative and fun company culture that was recently recognised for Outstanding Employee Engagement by Best Companies.Main responsibilities:- Development and management of annual Events strategy and budget alongside the Head of Marketing & Communications, Marketing and Insight Director and Sales Director
- Oversee the management and delivery of all DCM B2B external events, with full control of major DCM events such as the DCM Film Club, DCM Awards, DCM Upfronts, DCM Introduction to Cinema and DCM Cinema Expert Day
- Oversee the management of all client B2B events, ensuring a business class standard is delivered across the range of events
- Work alongside the Head of Marketing & Communications and EA to the CEO to oversee the management of DCM’s presence at major industry events such as Cannes Lions and CineEurope
- Work alongside the Head of Marketing & Communications, EA to the CEO, the company’s Breakfast Club to oversee the management of all internal DCM events including quarterly Company Updates and annual company conference
- Source and manage business class suppliers to ensure all elements of an event are managed by trusted sources
- Manage all external agencies in relation to the above (advertising, media, distributors, exhibitors, design, print, online) with the Marketing Assistant and Head of Marketing & Communications
- Build strong relationships with our exhibitor partners to deliver business class events across our exhibition portfolio
- Build relationships with our distribution partners to source film content and key speakers for DCM events
- Develop profitable internal relationships with the Marketing, Sales and Insight teams to support development of meaningful and relevant communications material
- Help sales initiatives / activations such as agency roadshows, cinema days / weeks and bespoke client presentations on an ad hoc basis
- Work with the team to track and monitor all events costs to ensure we are maximizing our budget
- Ensure consistently high service standards are delivered to internal customers and help ensure all opportunities are maximized and communicated internally
- Ensure consistently high service standards when working with external suppliers
- Assist the Head of Marketing & Communications and Marketing & Insight Director on DCM Partnerships where relevantKey competencies:- Marketing, Entertainment or Advertising agency experience or exemplary knowledge of the advertising/media/ creative markets
- Excellent creative briefing skills and managing creative projects
- Excellent priority-setting abilities with proven experience of project managements, working to tight deadlines and budgets
- Experience of managing large scale conferences and events
- Confident communicator who can build strong internal and external relationships
- Values simplicity and clarity in communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign desirable
- Understanding of content management systems and website development desirable
- Experience in budget management for B2B campaignsThe person:- Energetic, good fun, personable and confident. Someone who truly represents the face of DCM and has the ability to use their enthusiasm to engage others both internally and externally
- Self-motivated and works happily under their own steam
- Focused on delivering tangible results but with a creative flair
- Enthusiastic problem solver with a can-do approach
- A pro-active self-starter with a passion for high standards
- Someone with a strong desire to grow and develop themselves and the role - A team player who’s happy to take the lead in a collaborative way
- Relishes juggling numerous projects and working to tight deadlines
- Someone with a strong desire to grow and develop themselves and the role
- Loves advertising and media
- Loves film and cinema
Benefits at DCM.
We have an enviable range of employment policies, and are committed to recognising and rewarding success. Our standard benefits combined with a few cheeky perks include:
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for your birthday
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme for all staff
- Life assurance scheme
- ODEON cinema passes
- A birthday voucher
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Denplan dental scheme
- Subsidised study scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- NABS Partner card
We’re a conscious and conscientious company, so we’re always striving to do our bit (and then a bit more) for the environment. We also work closely with various charities, whether through fundraising, donating advertising space or donating money via Give As You Earn (GAYE).
At DCM we’re committed to helping people break into the advertising industry and we’re keen to hear new voices and gain fresh perspectives on what we do.
With this in mind, we’ve launched an intern scheme offering recent graduates and current university attendees the chance to shadow teams across our business to gain a deeper understanding of the industry and DCM.
What can you expect?
You’ll spend two weeks in various teams across DCM, gaining an insight into how departments like Sales, Marketing, Production and Research support the business. You’ll also get a chance to learn about our exhibitors – Vue, Odeon, Cineworld and Independent sites - to gain an insight into how we work with the cinemas we represent.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates keen to learn about the industry from the inside. You will need to be a strong communicator, keen to learn and ask questions and ideally with a passion for cinema and advertising.
Our recent intern, Andrew Unsworth, said: “All of the tasks we were assigned were challenging, yet enjoyable and I am happy to say that the time I spent with the business has assured me that I do want to continue working towards a career in the advertising industry…the hospitality, helpfulness and enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace was a genuinely welcome surprise.”
Please note that this is an unpaid internship which covers only travel and lunch each day.
If you’re interested in applying then please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.