Our people work together to form a passionate team defined by their talent and ambition, while our values form the code we live by.
They make up a set of attributes and behaviours that we can develop, share and celebrate, as a group of diverse and inspiring people.
We look for individuals who relish the challenge of working in a dynamic industry and thrive in a busy, sociable environment. A passion for achieving individual objectives and commitment to company success are prerequisites for working at DCM, so if you’re a bright, fun individual who wants to succeed and be rewarded for that success, you’ll fit in here.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we treat all job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or any disability. We pledge to treat individuals fairly and equally, and all decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion and career management will be based solely on objectives and job-related criteria.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category DirectorYou are:Brave, Expert, Spirited and Thoughtful - the values that DCM lives by.You have:Understanding and experience of delivering exceptional service to clients directly. A passion for media, cinema and film.You will be:Driving revenue within a specific category.We want:You to be a highly driven and motivated individual with a collaborative style of working. Be confident communicating at a senior marketing and agency planning level with strong stakeholder management. Have established highly productive relationships within your specific category.We will:Provide you with excellent support at a dynamic, market leading media owner.We deliver:Competitive salaries, great bonus structures, a fully stocked bar and unlimited cinema trips!Main responsibilities:- Act as a brand ambassador for DCM
- Work closely with the Head of Client to create and implement a client strategy to increase the revenue generated from a specific category
- Develop meaningful client relationships within the category in order to understand their business objectives and challenge their perceptions of cinema where necessary
- Cultivate new client relationships using compelling reasons to maximise the cinema medium's key touch points
- Work with Insight to provide new and compelling sales arguments for the category
- Execute the DCM entertainment strategy (exclusive screenings) as the basis for developing successful customer contacts and deeper relationshipsKey competencies:- Significant experience of the media market (8+ years indicative)
- Track record of successful and innovative client and agency sales
- Strong commercial exposure of building value/delivering consistent profitable results
- A track record of delivering client direct relationships and proposals
- Strong pro-active work ethic, a self-starter with a persistent approach
- Attention to detail and strong presentation skills required
Benefits at DCM.
We have an enviable range of employment policies, and are committed to recognising and rewarding success. Our standard benefits combined with a few cheeky perks include:
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for your birthday
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme for all staff
- Life assurance scheme
- ODEON cinema passes
- A birthday voucher
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Denplan dental scheme
- Subsidised study scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- NABS Partner card
We’re a conscious and conscientious company, so we’re always striving to do our bit (and then a bit more) for the environment. We also work closely with various charities, whether through fundraising, donating advertising space or donating money via Give As You Earn (GAYE).
At DCM we’re committed to helping people break into the advertising industry and we’re keen to hear new voices and gain fresh perspectives on what we do.
With this in mind, we’ve launched an intern scheme offering recent graduates and current university attendees the chance to shadow teams across our business to gain a deeper understanding of the industry and DCM.
What can you expect?
You’ll spend two weeks in various teams across DCM, gaining an insight into how departments like Sales, Marketing, Production and Research support the business. You’ll also get a chance to learn about our exhibitors – Vue, Odeon, Cineworld and Independent sites - to gain an insight into how we work with the cinemas we represent.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates keen to learn about the industry from the inside. You will need to be a strong communicator, keen to learn and ask questions and ideally with a passion for cinema and advertising.
Our recent intern, Andrew Unsworth, said: “All of the tasks we were assigned were challenging, yet enjoyable and I am happy to say that the time I spent with the business has assured me that I do want to continue working towards a career in the advertising industry…the hospitality, helpfulness and enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace was a genuinely welcome surprise.”
Please note that this is an unpaid internship which covers only travel and lunch each day.
If you’re interested in applying then please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.