Our people work together to form a passionate team defined by their talent and ambition, while our values form the code we live by.
They make up a set of attributes and behaviours that we can develop, share and celebrate, as a group of diverse and inspiring people.
We look for individuals who relish the challenge of working in a dynamic industry and thrive in a busy, sociable environment. A passion for achieving individual objectives and commitment to company success are prerequisites for working at DCM, so if you’re a bright, fun individual who wants to succeed and be rewarded for that success, you’ll fit in here.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we treat all job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or any disability. We pledge to treat individuals fairly and equally, and all decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion and career management will be based solely on objectives and job-related criteria.
Email us at email@example.com.
Financial Management AccountantDepartment:FinanceResponsible to:Head of FinanceJob purpose:Manage all aspects of the DCM Business Cost Base. Provide accurate reporting and pro-active analysis of all costs below gross margin.You are:Brave, Expert, Spirited and Thoughtful - The behaviours that DCM lives by.You have:A desire to deliver exceptional service and results.You will be:Able to deliver first class service both internally and externally.We will:Provide you with excellent support from a knowledgeable team.We deliver:Competitive salaries, market leading bonus structures, a fully stocked bar and unlimited cinema trips!The role:- Budgeting and Forecasting of Business Cost Base by Department
- Proactive Management and Analysis of Cost Base Vs Budget/Forecast & Prior Year
- Posting of Salary costs
- Maintaining and updating rolling People cost forecast
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus calculations
- Cost Analysis for monthly Finance Report, including detailed commentary
- Monthly reporting to budget holders including variance analysis with commentary
- Responsibility for reconciling related GL accounts
- Cash Flow Forecasting for AP Suppliers
- Expense System Management and Anti Bribery Policy
- Ownership and management of all aspects of Fixed Assets
- In rotation with team members, be responsible for the monthly collation of Finance PackThe person:- Self-motivated
- Can do attitude
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work to deadlinesEducation & Qualifications:- Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
Agency AssistantYou are:Brave, Expert, Spirited and Thoughtful - The behaviours that DCM lives by.You have:A passion for Cinema and Film.You will be:Assisting with the delivery of revenue within an agency group.We want:For you to create highly productive relationships both externally and with internal departments.We will:Provide you with excellent support from a knowledgeable and experienced Executive team.We deliver:Competitive salaries, market leading bonus structures, a fully stocked bar and unlimited cinema trips!Job purpose:To provide sales support to Agency Exec/ Managers /Business Director on a portfolio of advertising agencies in order to maximise DCM revenue.Main responsibilities:- Developing knowledge of film products, future releases and buying routes.
- Prepare and cost up bespoke sales pitches.
- Responsible for accurate set up of campaigns and reporting.
- Monitoring live campaign delivery and post campaign analysis.
- Weekly reporting on admissions to agency contacts
- Weekly reporting of screen lists to agency contacts
- Organise and attend cinema evenings, hospitality events, presentations, workshops and meetings with agencies.
- Foster good working relationship with relevant agency personnel
- Gain a good understanding and working knowledge of cinema trading parameters and marketplace.
- Monitor trade press, national press and online bulletins for sales ideas and industry information.
- Undertake projects and other ad hoc duties as required.
- Create category and market updates to be used across the sales team.
- General administrative support to the team.The person:- Be able to demonstrate analytical and numerical skills
- Have first rate communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be a confident user of technology
- Have an interest in/knowledge of the world of media and advertising
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to work under pressure
- Be committed to good time management and have meticulous attention to detail
- Be outgoing and enjoy working in a team
- Be confident, enthusiastic and ambitious to succeed
- Be self-motivating, use their initiative and display a real sense of purpose
- Possess a well-developed sense of humour and be resilient in temperament
- Have the ability to establish good working relationships with all levels of people.Education & Qualifications:- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent (grade B minimum)
- Very good/Advanced PowerPoint & Excel
Benefits at DCM.
We have an enviable range of employment policies, and are committed to recognising and rewarding success. Our standard benefits combined with a few cheeky perks include:
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for your birthday
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme for all staff
- Life assurance scheme
- ODEON cinema passes
- A birthday voucher
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Denplan dental scheme
- Subsidised study scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- NABS Partner card
We’re a conscious and conscientious company, so we’re always striving to do our bit (and then a bit more) for the environment. We also work closely with various charities, whether through fundraising, donating advertising space or donating money via Give As You Earn (GAYE).
At DCM we’re committed to helping people break into the advertising industry and we’re keen to hear new voices and gain fresh perspectives on what we do.
With this in mind, we’ve launched an intern scheme offering recent graduates and current university attendees the chance to shadow teams across our business to gain a deeper understanding of the industry and DCM.
What can you expect?
You’ll spend two weeks in various teams across DCM, gaining an insight into how departments like Sales, Marketing, Production and Research support the business. You’ll also get a chance to learn about our exhibitors – Vue, Odeon, Cineworld and Independent sites - to gain an insight into how we work with the cinemas we represent.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates keen to learn about the industry from the inside. You will need to be a strong communicator, keen to learn and ask questions and ideally with a passion for cinema and advertising.
Our recent intern, Andrew Unsworth, said: “All of the tasks we were assigned were challenging, yet enjoyable and I am happy to say that the time I spent with the business has assured me that I do want to continue working towards a career in the advertising industry…the hospitality, helpfulness and enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace was a genuinely welcome surprise.”
Please note that this is an unpaid internship which covers only travel and lunch each day.
If you’re interested in applying then please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.