In 2019, DCM set out to produce a credible measure of a film's audience as part of our mission to align cinema with how TV is bought and reported. Using the universally known industry language of ‘TVRs’, we would be able to compare films to TV programmes to enable our customers to plan and build complementary AV schedules.
Using industry recognised sources of data - cinema exhibitor point-of-sale data, Comscore sales house market share data (based on actual admission data) and CAA Film Monitor demographic profiles for films – DCM calculated cinema equivalent TVRs for the year’s biggest releases for 16-24s and 16-34s.
As part of DCM’s commitment to delivering transparent and trusted metrics, DCM engaged PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP UK (PwC), a leading global professional services provider, to provide independent assurance over the calculations of these metrics. To see PwC's independent assurance report, as well as DCM's methodology for cinema TVRs, please click on the download link below.
Top 30 films 2019 by audience
Terms & conditions
I accept and agree for and on behalf of myself and the entity I represent (each a “recipient”) that:
1. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP UK (“PwC”) accepts no liability (including liability for negligence) to each recipient in relation to PwC’s report. The report is provided to each recipient for information purposes only. If a recipient relies on PwC’s report, it does so entirely at its own risk;
2. No recipient will bring a claim against PwC which relates to the access to the report by a recipient;
3. Neither PwC’s report, nor information obtained from it, may be made available to anyone else without PwC’s prior written consent, except where required by law or regulation;
4. PwC’s report was prepared with Digital Cinema Media Limited’s interests in mind. It was not prepared with any recipient’s interests in mind or for its use. PwC’s report is not a substitute for any enquiries that a recipient should make. The Digital Cinema Media’s Historical TVRs Report’ covers a specific period of time in the past, and thus PwC’s assurance report is based on historical information. Any projection of such information or PwC’s opinion thereon to future periods is subject to the risk that changes may occur after the reports are issued and the description of controls may no longer accurately portray the system of internal control. For these reasons, such projection of information to future periods would be inappropriate; and
5. PwC will be entitled to the benefit of and to enforce these terms.
|16-24 Adults||16-34 Adults|
|Film Title||7 days||28 days||7 days||28 days|
|Addams Family, The||0.8||1.5||1.0||1.9|
|Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw||5.0||9.9||3.8||7.5|
|How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World||1.8||4.6||1.7||4.6|
|It: Chapter Two||9.5||16.8||6.0||10.7|
|Jumanji: The Next Level||3.3||11.0||2.7||9.1|
|Lego Movie 2, The||1.2||3.8||1.0||3.4|
|Lion King, The||9.0||22.8||7.7||19.4|
|Maleficent: Mistress of Evil||2.0||5.0||1.9||4.8|
|Once Upon a Time in Hollywood||4.6||9.5||3.6||7.3|
|Pokemon Detective Pikachu||2.8||5.8||2.7||5.7|
|Secret Live of Pets 2, The||2.3||4.1||2.6||4.7|
|Spider-Man: Far From Home||8.5||17.2||6.2||12.6|
|Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker||8.6||17.4||7.7||15.5|
|Toy Story 4||6.2||14.7||6.2||14.6|