Digital Cinema Media (DCM) has launched the third annual Digital Cinema Media Awards, held in conjunction with Campaign, which celebrate and reward the best advertising work showcased in cinema by the media industry in the past year.
The competition, now open for entries, consists of six award categories and one overall Grand Prix prize for the most effective and forward-thinking campaign, which was won by Three, LG and Mindshare in 2016 for I know what you unboxed last summer branded content film.
This year, the categories have been refreshed in line with the changing nature of the media landscape in which cinema has become the place to create real cultural experiences.
Last year saw the introduction of a ‘Best ‘marketing for good’ cinema campaign’ prize, to recognise ads that had delivered a tangible and lasting impact for good, and the competition continues to grow each year to reflect cinema as one of the most exciting growth media channels.
In 2017, the full list of award categories are as follows:
- Best use of cinema (small)
- Best use of cinema (large)
- Best long-copy cinema campaign
- Best newcomer to cinema
- Best use of innovation in cinema
- Best ‘marketing for good’ cinema campaign
- GRAND PRIX
This year, Digital Cinema Media has once again assembled an esteemed panel of industry experts to judge the entries, with key figures across media, creative and client sectors represented, as well as members of the company’s in-house leadership team.
The esteemed 2017 judging panel will again be chaired by Claire Beale, Global editor-in-chief at Campaign, and includes:
- Anna Carpen, Creative Partner, 18 Feet & Rising
- Bridget Angear, Joint Creative Strategy Officer, AMV BBDO
- Dan Clays, CEO, OMD
- Davina Barker, Sales Director, Digital Cinema Media
- Gabrielle Bell, Chief Strategy Officer, M&C Saatchi London
- Grant Millar, Chief Client Officer, Zenith Media
- Jem Lloyd-Williams, Managing Director, Vizeum
- Jenny Biggam, Co-Founder, the7stars
- Karen Stacey, CEO, Digital Cinema Media
- Nick Baughan, CEO, Maxus UK
- Paul Davies, Consumer Marketing Director, Microsfoft
- Rachel Forde, CEO, Mediavest
- Rick Hirst, CEO, Carat UK
Karen Stacey, DCM’s CEO, said: “We’d like to encourage all our advertisers in cinema over the past year to take this opportunity to submit their work to the judging panel and show how much your investment in the medium has not only helped your brands’ business, but demonstrated true creativity and innovation in the field. Cinema continues to grow in 2017 with the shared media experience creating real cultural moments for audiences. It’s now time to celebrate the best work from the past year with our third annual Awards.”
The awards are free to enter and the closing date for submissions is Friday 7 July. The judging will take place on Monday 4 September and the winners will be announced on Wednesday 27 September at a red carpet ceremony at the Ham Yard Hotel. Prizes include a red carpet experience for four people and a cinema screen-time campaign to the value of £100,000.*