|Bronze Spot, Gold Spot, Silver Spot
|Bronze, Silver and Gold Spots
- In October 2022, audiences were treated to the much-awaited comeback of Sky's highly acclaimed original crime-drama: Gangs of London. The first season earned recognition as the "most-binged premier box set" of 2020 and set a challenging benchmark for the eagerly expected second instalment.
- Sky needed to cement Series 2 as an unmissable cultural moment and cinema was identified as the crucial AV environment to effectively communicate the show's grandeur and intensity and reach the right audience at the right time.
- The focus point for this campaign was to access films based on age-appropriate (the creative was restricted to 15+) contextual content, using a blend of placements throughout the campaign period.
- The campaign utilised Bronze, Silver and Gold spots and in-reel ad placements, accessing 18 films across 10 weeks - including Don’t Worry Darling and Halloween Ends - to ensure cut through.
Not only was cinema more effective than paid social and TV in driving key Sky brand metrics (“Content worth paying for”); cinema aided the success of the series, which was the top British based drama for Q4 2022.
Using cinema to help launch the new series resulted in Gangs of London having:
- The highest awareness of any Sky Original in 2022.
- The best Talkability score for a Sky Original in 2022.
- The best returning series viewing numbers since 2020.