|Target Audience||ABC1 Adults|
- Having not been on the big screen for a couple of years, Ferrero Rocher wanted to test the suitability of cinema post pandemic. As cinema is perceived by audiences as a high quality channel it was seen to be a good fit for the brand and its own premium positioning.
- The aim of the campaign was to drive awareness and reinforce Ferrero Rocher’s relevance with consumers during moments of celebration.
- With a strong slate of titles releasing in cinemas across the winter, Ferrero Rocher bought a HFSS AGP to maximise reach of its target adult audience as part of a multi media mix alongside TV, BVOD, social, and online video. The Ferrero Rocher ad featured in the reel ahead of titles including Spencer, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, King Richard and House of Gucci.
- Ferrero Rocher’s cinema campaign was a success with exposure to the ad on the big screen delivering significant uplifts across a range of metrics:
– Awareness of recent advertising: +114% uplift
– 70% of cinemagoers recalled seeing the ad recently, significantly surpassing the benchmark (44%)
– Average uplift of 12% in agreement of key brand perceptions
- The campaign highlighted how effective cinema can be for positively contributing to brand perceptions and shifting consideration not only for seasonal occasions but for all year round treats and celebrations