|ABC1 Ads AGP + House of Gucci
|30” & 5”
- Ernest Jones wanted to tell a story that expressed its luxury credentials on a wider national level, driving mass reach but with a proximity focus to support the key outlets.
- Ernest Jones chose cinema as they wanted to prioritise targeting in a premium environment that provides content that influences and creates emotional connections. The brand also saw the benefit of DCM’s Cinemapper planning tool that meant the campaign could target cinemas in proximity to its stores and inspire cinemagoers to visit their local Ernest Jones.
- Nationally, the campaign ran in cinema sites that were within a 20-minute drive time of an Ernest Jones store. Ernest Jones handpicked House of Gucci as the perfect film fit for its campaign, aligning with the brand’s luxury credentials.
- Given many cinemas are based in major shopping centres Ernest Jones wanted to make the most of sites where there was overlap and tailor a more targeted message. Where key Ernest Jones outlets and cinemas within shopping centres overlapped the brand ran its 30” copy (in a ABC1 Adult AGP and House of Gucci film pack) but added a bespoke 5” end frame that highlighted the store location of the nearby Ernest Jones to drive direct footfall.
- Beyond cinema, the campaign also ran across TV, BVOD and YouTube & Print.
- Selecting cinema locations near Ernest Jones stores delivered an exceptional uplift in sales performance, demonstrating the power of cinema as both a brand-building and sales-driving platform:
Significant uplift in consideration
- There was an increase of 39% of people who said they would consider shopping at Ernest Jones
Driving increase in sales:
- The selected stores saw a 9% increase in attributed sales vs. 2019, outperforming other Ernest Jones’ outlets by 3%.