The deadline for this year’s Digital Cinema Media Awards has been extended, meaning those planning to submit their best cinema campaigns from the past year have even more time to enter. The new deadline for entries is Friday 29 July 2022.
Having taken a break due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are excited to have the awards back for their sixth year. Digital Cinema Media Awards, held in partnership with Campaign, celebrate and reward the best advertising work showcased in cinema by the media industry. The winners will be recognised at a red-carpet ceremony held in London, at the new BAFTA headquarters in Piccadilly, in September.
The competition consists of six award categories and one overall Grand Prix prize for the most effective and forward-thinking campaign. This was won by Starcom in 2019 for Lidl's ‘Lidl Movie Moments’ campaign, a 14-month long family-led cinema partnership. On-screen activity included a brand ad created by Karmarama and bespoke idents and assets created by DCM Studios and Contented relating to five key films: Mary Poppins Returns, Dumbo, Toy Story 4, The Lion King and Frozen II to highlight details of a new promotion.
The competition continues to expand, reflecting cinema as one of the most exciting growth media channels. This year, the competition has introduced a new category: Talent - Best Contribution to Cinema. This award highlights the achievements of an individual in the cinema advertising world, and showcases how they have worked to get the most out of what cinema can offer.
Categories for the DCM Awards 2022 are as follows:
- Best use of cinema (small)
- Best use of cinema (large)
- Best bespoke for cinema campaign
- Best use of innovation in cinema
- Best ‘marketing for good’ cinema campaign
- Talent – Best contribution to cinema (NEW)
- GRAND PRIX
Prizes include cinema tickets, exclusive hire of DCM’s screening room, a red carpet experience for four people and a cinema screen-time campaign to the value of £100,000.
Once again, DCM and Campaign have assembled an esteemed panel of industry experts to judge the entries, with key figures across the industry represented, as well as members of the company’s in-house leadership team.
The winners of each category will be decided by our panel of industry expert judges. This year, our esteemed Judging Panel is chaired by Maisie McCabe, UK Editor, Campaign and includes:
- Ali Reed, CEO, PHD UK
- Davina Barker, Sales Director, Digital Cinema Media
- Dino Myers-Lamptey, Founder, The Barber Shop
- James Bailey, CEO, iProspect
- Jonathan Durden, Co-founder, PHD
- Karen Stacey, CEO, Digital Cinema Media
- Katie Lee, Chief Growth Officer, Wavemaker
- Mark Clancey, Smart Media Buying
- Naren Patel, CEO, Media for All & Geoprove
- Natalie Cummins, CEO, Zenith UK
- Patrick Affleck, CEO, Havas Media Group UK & Ireland
- Paul Knight, CEO, OmniGOV
- Sharon Dhillon, Managing Director, Initiative
- Sue Todd, CEO, NABS
The awards are free to enter and the new closing date for submissions is Friday 29 July. Judging will be held in early September and the live red-carpet awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday 20 September at London’s BAFTA in Piccadilly.
For more details, entry guidlines and terms and conditions, please visit www.dcm.co.uk/awards or contact firstname.lastname@example.org