The 62nd BFI London Film Festival gets underway today (Wednesday 10 October), with the premiere of the latest film by director Steve McQueen, Widows.
The lineup across the whole festival is as impressive as always, featuring a fantastic selection of the biggest and best upcoming films from the coming months.
As well as the Opening and Closing Galas hosting Widows and Stan & Ollie respectively, the festival will host an exclusive preview of Barry Jenkins' If Beale Street Could Talk, the Hugh Jackman-starring surefire awards contender The Front Runner and the powerful Steve Carrell and Timothy Chalamet drama Beautiful Boy.
Highlights of the festival include:
- Widows (out 6 November) is the Opening Gala
- Stan And Ollie (out 11 January) is the Closing Gala
- The Favourite (out 1 January) is the American Express Gala
- Beautiful Boy (out 18 January) is a Headline Gala
- Can You Ever Forgive Me (out 1 February) is a Headline Gala
- Colette (out 25 January) is a Headline Gala
- The Front Runner (out 25 January) is a Headline Gala
- Wild Rose (out 8 February) is the Festival Gala
- The Hate U Give (out 22 October) is a Special Presentation
- Peterloo (out 2 November) is a Special Presentation
- Assassination Nation (out 23 November) is the Cult Gala
- If Beale Street Could Talk (out 18 January) is the Love Gala
- The Old Man And The Gun (out 7 December) is in competition
The festival is also leading the way in terms of representation behind the camera:
- 38% (149) of the total films are have female directors or co-directors
- 30% (69) of the feature films have female directors or co-directors
- 50% (80) of the short films have female directors or co-directors
- 50% of the Official Competition films have female directors or co-directors
- 50% of the Short Film Award films have female directors or co-directors
- 60% of the First Feature Competition have female directors or co-directors
Check out the full programme of events here.
To get involved with the biggest and best films from the festival, plan your campaign using our online planner here https://www.dcm.co.uk/planner