|Target Audienec||16-34 Men|
|Package||Opening Week Film Packs|
In October 2017, Microsoft launched its new games console – Xbox One X, ‘The World’s Most Powerful Console’. Amongst new competition from rivals PlayStation and Nintendo, it was essential for the campaign to help the console cut through, land its USPs and drive purchase intent.
- Xbox had three core KPIs for the campaign – Presence (e.g. I like the advertising I have seen for the Xbox One X), Value for Money (It is a console I am willing to pay a premium for), and Specification (Its specifications are the best in the market) – which lent themselves well to cinema.
- The high impact delivered by the big screen could help Xbox achieve cut through, align the console with premium content and land key details about what the Xbox One X offers gamers.
- For the launch campaign Xbox created bespoke 60” copy and worked in partnership with DCM to cherry-pick the blockbuster titles that would deliver the best audience fit.
- Xbox purchased opening week film packs across three well aligned titles for their target audience: Thor: Ragnarok (16-34 Men Index: 223)1, Justice League(Index: 233)2and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Index: 215)2. The latter provided Xbox with the perfect contextual fit for its new Star Wars Battlefront II game so it ran game-specific copy alongside this title.
- Alongside cinema, creative copy also ran across YouTube, OOH and Digital platforms.