|Sector||Retail & e-commerce|
|Package||Mary Poppins Returns, Dumbo, Toy Story 4, The Lion King & Frozen II Film Packs + Family AGP|
|Creative Agencies||Karmarama & Contented|
- Lidl has historically used cinema to good effect by promoting specific product ranges and seasonal activity – proving how it can help drive both short term ROI for the business as well as longer-term brand awareness.
- Lidl had two primary aims for its forthcoming activity - increase penetration amongst young families and increase the percentage of Lidl customers spending over £40.
- Engaging young families is proving increasingly challenging - in recent years the proliferation of streaming services and the fragmentation of AV media has meant shared family viewing moments at home have substantially decreased.
- However, cinema continues to provide families with the perfect environment to escape together and share in a quality entertainment experience – exactly the sort of true family moment that Lidl wanted to tap into. Knowing cinema attracts a younger, more affluent audience, it was the perfect fit.
- In order to benefit from the big screen’s ability to create shared family experiences Lidl, DCM and Starcom worked to find a solution to ensure the brand was ‘always-on’ cinema throughout the year without breaking the bank.
- DCM proposed partnering with Cineworld, which has the most cinemas in proximity to Lidl stores, across five highly-anticipated family films over a 14-month-long period – Mary Poppins Returns, Dumbo, Toy Story 4, The Lion King and Frozen II.
- With an aim to drive action and short-term sales, the partnership with Cineworld incentivised Lidl customers to increase their basket size. Those who spend over £40 in-store were able to upload a photo of their receipt to enter a competition to win Cineworld tickets for the whole family.
- Lidl, in partnership with DCM Studios and Contented, created bespoke ‘Lidl Movie Moment’ idents that would run after Lidl’s brand ad to further drive engagement with the brand and the online competition.