|Advertiser||Counter Terrorism Policing|
|Buying route||Site by site|
|Target Audience||All Adults|
|Package||Site by site|
|Copy Length||55” copy with 5” geo-location end frame|
- Of the nearly 31,000 public reports to Counter Terrorism Policing during 2017, more than 6,600 (21%) resulted in useful intelligence – information which is used by UK officers to inform live investigations or help build an intelligence picture of an individual or group.
- It’s therefore essential that Counter Terrorism Policing keep the public alert of the threats of potential terrorist activity and ensure they feel confident enough to come forward and report any concerns – no matter how big or small.
- Counter Terrorism Policing wanted to use cinema to engage with audiences (specifically harder-to-engage young adults) and deliver its Action Counters Terrorism message with fewer distractions and more impact – however the challenge was a lack of cinema-ready copy that could make the most of the uniquely attentive cinema environment.
- To sharpen the messaging and the storytelling of the film, DCM Studios worked with Wavemaker’s brand partnerships arm WM Content and production company Contented to take the original 60” social edit and produce an adapted harder-hitting version for use in cinema.
- The 60-second film depicts recreations from real-life plots, examples of terrorist-related suspicious behaviours and attack planning methodology to demonstrate that any report from the public could give police one vital piece of a much larger picture. The film encourages people to report suspicious behaviour and activity online via. www.gov.uk/ACT.
- To drive deeper message take-out and reinforce the key messaging that communities can make the difference in defeat terrorism the film was localised to give a more direct call to action – e.g. “Islington…if it doesn’t feel right ACT”. 46 localised versions of the film were created that ran in 120 DCM cinemas nationwide across the Spring.