Screen International has announced the shortlist for this year’s seventh annual Screen Awards with eight cinemas on DCM’s estate making the grade for the final round of judging.
The competition honours and celebrates the best of marketing, distribution and exhibition in the film industry and the sites have been shortlisted in the Cinema of the Year – 24 Screens or Under category along with four others to make up the 12 finalists in the section.
The eight cinemas up for the prize are as follows:
- Aldeburgh Cinema
- Electric Cinema, Notting Hill, London
- Genesis Cinema
- Home, Manchester
- Phoenix Cinema, East Finchley
- Plaza Community Cinema, Liverpool
- Regal Cinema Theatre & Restaurant Redruth
- Watershed, Bristol
Well done to all and a huge well congratulations also to Grahame Reid, of Macrobert Arts Centre, who has been nominated for the prestigious Rising Star award.
DCM is a proud sponsor of the Brand Partnership of the Year category in 2016 and the companies shortlisted in that category are below:
- Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie & Amaze Bites Partnership, Lime Communications
- Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie & Diet Coke, Twentieth Century Fox
- Sony Pictures & Peperami, Brand & Deliver
- E4 Slackers Club, elevenfiftyfive
- The Secret Life of Pets & Petplan Insurance UK, Brand Culture
- X-Men: Apocalypse & Superfast Sky Fibre, Twentieth Century Fox
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony held at The Brewery London on Thursday 20 October.
Click here for the full 2016 shortlist and for more details on the event including ticket information.