The deadline for this year’s Digital Cinema Media Awards has been extended, meaning those planning to submit their best cinema campaigns from the past year have extra time to enter. The new deadline for entries is Friday 27 July 2018.
Now in their fourth year, the annual Digital Cinema Media Awards, held in partnership with Campaign, celebrate and reward the best advertising work showcased in cinema by the media industry. The winners will be recognised at a red-carpet ceremony held at the Ham Yard Hotel in September.
The competition consists of six award categories and one overall Grand Prix prize for the most effective and forward-thinking campaign. This was won by Channel 4 and OMD UK in 2017 for Channel 4’s Superhumans campaign that aimed to promote awareness of the Rio Paralympics and help change public attitudes to disability.
In 2018, the full list of award categories are as follows:
- Best use of cinema (small)
- Best use of cinema (large)
- Best long-copy cinema campaign
- Best newcomer to cinema
- Best use of innovation in cinema
- Best ‘marketing for good’ cinema campaign
- GRAND PRIX
This year, Digital Cinema Media has once again assembled an esteemed panel of industry experts to judge the entries, with key figures across media, creative and client sectors represented, as well as members of the company’s in-house leadership team.
The 2018 judging panel will again be chaired by Claire Beale, Global editor-in-chief at Campaign, and includes:
- Alistair MacCallum, UK CEO, M/SIX
- Billy Faithfull, Executive Creative Director, WCRS
- Davina Barker, Sales Director, Digital Cinema Media
- Ed Smith, General Manager Integrated Marketing EU, Amazon
- Frances Ralston-Good, CEO, Hearts & Science
- Graeme Adams, Media Director, BT
- Hamid Habib, UK Managing Director, Starcom
- Karen Stacey, CEO, Digital Cinema Media
- Kerry King, Director & Head of Investment, MediaCom North
- Kevin Chesters, Chief Strategy Officer, Ogilvy & Mather UK
- Michael Florence, Chief Strategy Officer, PHD UK
- Nick Baughan, EMEA CEO, Essence
- Philippa Brown, CEO, Omnicom Media Group
- Pippa Glucklich, CEO, Amplifi UK
- Sally Weavers, Founder, Craft Media London
- Stephanie Marks, Managing Director, Havas Media UK
- Steve Gladdis, Joint Chief Strategy Officer, MediaCom
- Tom Firth, Managing Director, M&C Saatchi London
The awards are free to enter and the new closing date for submissions is Friday 27 July. The judging will take place on Monday 3 September and the winners will be announced on Tuesday 18 September at a red-carpet ceremony at London’s Ham Yard Hotel. Prizes include a red carpet experience for four people and a cinema screen-time campaign to the value of £100,000.*
*To be used in Q1 2019. No barter. Production not included. Limited to 30” copy. All subject to DCM approval.