The deadline for this year’s Digital Cinema Media Awards has been extended, meaning those planning to submit their best cinema campaigns from the past year have two more weeks to enter. The new deadline for entries is Friday 28 July 2023.
The Digital Cinema Media Awards, held in partnership with Campaign, celebrate and reward the best advertising work showcased in cinema by the media industry. The winners will be recognised at a red-carpet ceremony held in London, at the new BAFTA headquarters in Piccadilly, in September.
The competition consists of seven award categories, including one overall Grand Prix prize for the most effective and forward-thinking campaign chosen by the judging panel. This was won by Disney+ The Walking Dead and Publicis Imagine in 2022 for their ‘Frighteningly Good: How Disney+ Jump Started Their 18+ Audience’ cinema campaign, which utilised gold spot ad placements and bespoke content created by DCM Studios to get maximum impact in front of a target 16-34 audience.
The competition continues to expand, and this year DCM has introduced two new categories to recognise the ways advertisers are utilising creativity in cinema, as well as how cinema can have an impact as part of longer-term brand-building strategies.
Last year’s ‘Talent’ award has also been renamed to ‘Cinema champion of the year’ to open up recognition for both individuals or agency teams dedicated to championing smart-planning for the cinema medium.
In 2023, the full list of award categories are as follows:
– Best use of cinema (small)
– Best use of cinema (large)
– NEW – Best use of creativity in cinema
– Best ‘marketing for good’ cinema campaign
– NEW – Best long-term use of cinema
– Cinema champion of the Year
– GRAND PRIX
Once again, DCM and Campaign have assembled an esteemed panel of industry experts to judge the entries, with key figures across the industry represented, as well as members of the company’s in-house leadership team. The 2023 judging panel will be chaired by Maisie McCabe, UK Editor, Campaign and includes:
- Bhavesh Patel, Director of Media – UK & Europe, Sky
- Clare Chapman, Ex-CEO, Carat UK
- Davina Barker, Sales Director, Digital Cinema Media
- Enyi Nwosu, Chief Strategy Officer, UM London
- James Shoreland, CEO, UK & Ireland, Initiative
- John Marshall, Founder, Running Total Media
- Karen Stacey, CEO, Digital Cinema Media
- Kelly Parker, Chief Executive Officer, Wavemaker
- Nadine Young, CEO, Starcom
- Neil Harrison, Head of Media, Virgin Media O2 Brand & Marketing
- Pete Edwards, CEO, Spark Foundry
- Satin Reid, Chief Operating Officer, EssenceMediacomX
- Victoria Bickle, Managing Director, mSix&Partners
The awards are free to enter and the new closing date for submissions is Friday 28 July. Judging will be held in early September and the live red-carpet awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday 20 September at London’s BAFTA in Piccadilly.
For more details, entry guidlines and terms and conditions, please visit www.dcm.co.uk/awards or contact email@example.com