Digital Cinema Media (DCM) has launched the fifth annual Digital Cinema Media Awards, held in partnership with Campaign, which celebrate and reward the best campaigns showcased on the big screen by the media industry in the past year.
The competition, now open for entries, consists of six award categories and one overall Grand Prix prize for the most effective and forward-thinking campaign. This was won by Coty Consumer Beauty UK and Zenith in 2018 for Max Factor’s ‘Putting a Spotlight on the Leading Ladies of Cinema’ campaign, which over a nine-month long period created bespoke content for cinema that recreated the looks of the leading ladies of two of 2017’s biggest blockbusters: Murder on the Orient Express and The Greatest Showman.
The competition continues to expand, reflecting cinema as one of the most exciting growth media channels. This year, DCM has introduced two new categories to recognise the ways advertisers are creating bespoke content for cinema, as well as how cinema has become an integral part of an advertiser’s launch campaign.
In 2019, the full list of award categories are as follows:
- Best use of cinema (small)
- Best use of cinema (large)
- Best bespoke for cinema campaign
- Best cinema launch campaign
- Best use of innovation in cinema
- Best ‘marketing for good’ cinema campaign
- GRAND PRIX
Once again, DCM and Campaign have assembled an esteemed panel of industry experts to judge the entries, with key figures across the industry represented, as well as members of the company’s in-house leadership team.
The 2019 judging panel will again be chaired by Claire Beale, Global editor-in-chief at Campaign, and includes:
- Andrew Stephens, Founding Partner, Goodstuff
- Claire Hilton, Managing Director, Global Brand & Insight, Barclays
- Clare Peters, Executive Director, MGOMD
- Davina Barker, Sales Director, Digital Cinema Media
- Hamid Habib, UK Managing Director, Starcom
- Jo Sutherland, CEO, Carat UK
- Jon Wilkins, Exec Chairman, Karmarama and Managing Director, Accenture Interactive
- Karen Stacey, CEO, Digital Cinema Media
- Lindsay Turner, CEO, Blue449
- Marie Oldham, Chief Strategy Officer, VCCP
- Mark Howley, Chief Operating Officer, Publicis Media
- Matt Adams, CEO, Havas UK
- Satin Reid, Joint Managing Director, MediaCom
- Verica Djurdjevic, CEO, PHD UK
Karen Stacey, CEO, DCM, said: “In a year that cinema admissions are booming and the multiple-record-breaking superhero blockbuster Avengers: Endgame is capturing audiences across the globe, we expect the fifth annual Digital Cinema Media Awards to once again attract a record number of entries which showcase why cinema is an intrinsic part of brands’ AV schedules.
“The cinema medium has never been more relevant, offering a powerful, undistracted and trusted environment for brands. I once again urge you all to enter your brilliant work so we can celebrate the best of the best on the big screen.”
The awards are free to enter and the closing date for submissions is Friday 12 July. The judging will take place on Tuesday 3 September and the winners will be announced on Wednesday 18 September at a red-carpet ceremony at London’s Ham Yard Hotel. Prizes include a red carpet experience for four people and a cinema screen-time campaign to the value of £100,000.*
*To be used in Q1 2020. No barter. Production not included. Limited to 30” copy. All subject to DCM approval.