Figures from DCM suggest James Cameron’s space epic has been a hit with 3D fans,with the new format accounting for 78% of its takings in the UK. The remaining 22% viewed film sans garish 3D spectacles.
Last year witnessed a revival in 3D viewing but critics question its long-term appeal and its aesthetic qualities.
DCM, meanwhile, is making its own 3D push and now says its provides 3D viewing in 260 of its 2,3000 screens nationwide. It aims to have 3D screens in half of its 2,300 screens by the end of the year.