The CAA is a trade association who promote, monitor and maintain standards of cinema advertising in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
The primary functions of the CAA include:
- Pre-vetting and clearing all UK cinema commercials to ensure conformity with the British Codes of Advertising, sales promotion and Direct Marketing, these can be downloaded at http://www.asa.org.uk/.
- Pre-vetting and clearing all ROI cinema commercials to ensure conformity with the Code of Advertising Standards for Ireland
- Provide UK cinema market information in terms of impacts, admissions and screen numbers
- Produce the annual Film Audience Measurement and Evaluation (FAME) and Film Monitor research providing insight into cinema going and the film viewing experience within the UK
- Carries out bespoke research projects for individual clients to examine the success of cinema advertising campaigns.
The CAA is funded by its members, which in the UK consist of Digital Cinema Media (DCM) and Pearl & Dean.
To clear your advertisement with the CAA all submissions should be made through the submissions page of the CAA website at:
Full information on submission is contained in the form. Please ensure it is completed in full. All submitted material is treated in the strictest confidence. The CAA offers 48-hour working-day clearance whenever possible. All clearance decisions are in the form of an emailed PDF. In the case of submissions that turn out to be contentious, you may not receive a clearance email before end of day on a Friday. If you wish to take advantage of simultaneous BBFC submission be sure to supply all information requested in that section of the form.
All queries regarding submission should be addressed to:
Copy Panel Executive
Cinema Advertising Association
279 Tottenham Court Road
London W1T 7RJ
All adverts require clearance from the Cinema Advertising Association before they can be shown on-screen.
Your form can be completed quickly and easily online via our electronic submission.